Thursday, June 21, 2018

Becoming a Better me - Day 2

Reality is I'm not always able to make it to the gym but everyday like clock work I'm up at 5 a.m.
One may say but I have children and they sometimes get in the way. Well I know the feeling all too well. In fact, while my 5 month old was sleeping, my two year old decided to wake up earlier than expected...whelp there goes my workout and much needed me time. Seriously, you can't be kidding me! It should never be that easy to give up. You have a goal right? You want that Teyana Taylor and Beyoncé body right? You want that Michael B. Jordan body right? Well...maybe that's just my way of thinking. Every person body goal may be different and that is fine, for some it may just be a getting healthy goal. After conversing with myself, I decided to just allow my two year old to joined me. As I did my crunches he sat on top of my stomach #weightresistance. When I did my jumping jacks he did his too, I kept him moving which will eventually get him tired lol. I say this all to say, that regardless of the circumstance, don't make excuses!


Today is Day 2 of the #BecomingaBettermeChallenge and I did my daily workout which included 60 jumping jacks, 50 squats with 10 pound dumbbells, 30 second wall sit squat, 1 minute of Russian twists, 50 crunches, 60 second plank, 60 left leg lifts, 60 right leg lifts, 25 reverse left leg lifts and 25 reverse right leg lifts. I did my prayer for today but I'm sure I will be praying again. I also read scriptures today from 2 Kings Chapter 8 NIV. No particular order just asked God to lead me. My transparency moment is that sometimes in life, things don't always go as you plan them to and that can be frustrating. The good in things not going as planned is that you learn to find solutions, therefore you gain perseverance. #stayfocus #don'tgiveup #yougotthis #BecomingaBetterme

No comments:

Post a Comment