Monday, June 25, 2018

Becoming a Better me - Day 6

Today was an LA Fitness kind of day! Got up bright and early! Ready and willing to take on the day in a positive way. I started my workout with some light cardio, 13 minutes at a speed of 6 on the elliptical, then headed over to the weight area and did 90 leg press/hack squats using the Body Solid weight machine. Immediately after, I did 50 squats using 15 pound dumbbells in both hands. So I worked on the lower body again today while wearing my waist trainer, so that I could burn in my stomach area as well. I also had my "Flat Tummy Water" today, along with a Whey Protein smoothie so that I could start fueling my body with good protein instead of bad, which is great for muscle building. Overall, it was a very successful day in the gym for me and my good friend T! We are both on the journey to #BecomingaBetterme and I encourage you all to join the movement!

I completed my prayer for today but of course I will be in prayer again I'm sure. The scripture I will be reading today will be James Chapter 1 KJV. Remember the movement includes 30 days of working out, 30 days of prayer, 30 days of scripture and 30 days of transparency! My transparent moment today is that sometimes we must do self evaluating. Last night I watched the BET awards and what I loved about it this year, is that it touched on a lot of the issues the world is dealing with today. Issues such as police brutality, shooting massacres, self love, and much more. One performance that stood out to me the most was Meek Mill and Miguel performance of their song "Stay Woke" check it out here! https://youtu.be/IIUz_kkruFc Their performance brought tears to my eyes.....(to be continued)

Image by www.blackmattersus.com

Image by www.copblock.org

Understand that change starts with us as well, individually speaking. How can we be better as a people? #BecomingaBetteryou as I work on #BecomingaBetterme we can help make the world a better place one step at a time! #keepgoing #yougothis #dontgiveup




No comments:

Post a Comment